The possibility that opening a single wall could reshape the whole job has made me question whether $210,500 is a meaningful budget yet. The property is an older 2,100 sq ft mixed-use building in Austin. The intended work includes new kitchen and bathroom elements, replacement finishes, electrical investigation and some energy-efficiency improvements, but no added floor area.
I’m more concerned about concealed moisture, services and the order of the trades than premium finishes. What contingency would you hold before invasive checks, and what evidence should I request from a condition survey and each bidder? For example, I want to know who bears the cost if damaged framing appears behind a bathroom wall.
I’m more concerned about concealed moisture, services and the order of the trades than premium finishes. What contingency would you hold before invasive checks, and what evidence should I request from a condition survey and each bidder? For example, I want to know who bears the cost if damaged framing appears behind a bathroom wall.