I have a working scope and total, but the risk allowance is still unresolved. The current estimate is €254,400 for a 220 m² Lyon townhouse, covering kitchens, bathrooms, floor and wall finishes, an electrical review and limited energy work. No extension is intended.
What I cannot yet price confidently is the condition behind the finishes. Moisture, roof or floor movement, old services and earlier alterations could all change the job once areas are opened. What focused inspections or exploratory work would you request, and how would you set the contingency without using it to cover vague contractor exclusions? I am also concerned about sequencing the service work before new surfaces are installed.
What I cannot yet price confidently is the condition behind the finishes. Moisture, roof or floor movement, old services and earlier alterations could all change the job once areas are opened. What focused inspections or exploratory work would you request, and how would you set the contingency without using it to cover vague contractor exclusions? I am also concerned about sequencing the service work before new surfaces are installed.