Two contractors have priced the same scope very differently, so I’m trying to test a preliminary budget of R$1,387,000 for a 225 m² duplex in Rio de Janeiro.
The work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, painting, electrical checks and moderate energy upgrades. There is no planned structural extension. I’m less worried about selecting finishes than about hidden conditions and sequencing.
What contingency would you carry at this stage? I’d also appreciate suggestions for surveys and contractor questions that would clarify electrical scope, plumbing access, moisture, exclusions, material lead times and permit timing.
The work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, painting, electrical checks and moderate energy upgrades. There is no planned structural extension. I’m less worried about selecting finishes than about hidden conditions and sequencing.
What contingency would you carry at this stage? I’d also appreciate suggestions for surveys and contractor questions that would clarify electrical scope, plumbing access, moisture, exclusions, material lead times and permit timing.