€414,600 is the working figure for renovating a 245 m² Barcelona villa, and I am unsure whether it leaves enough room for discoveries once work begins. The plan is to renew the kitchen and bathrooms, deal with floors and decoration, check the electrics and make some energy improvements. There is no proposed extension.
I am less worried about choosing finishes than about assumptions hidden in the quotations. What contingency would be sensible before plumbing routes, moisture risks and electrical scope are properly tested? I would also appreciate a list of questions for the surveyor and contractors covering access, making good, exclusions, permit timing and the effect of discoveries on the sequence of trades.
I am less worried about choosing finishes than about assumptions hidden in the quotations. What contingency would be sensible before plumbing routes, moisture risks and electrical scope are properly tested? I would also appreciate a list of questions for the surveyor and contractors covering access, making good, exclusions, permit timing and the effect of discoveries on the sequence of trades.