measureTheEmber
Property investor
¥20,920,000 is my working budget for fitting a five-bed layout into a 45 m² warehouse in Osaka, but two contractors have returned very different prices for what is meant to be the same job. The plan includes a kitchen, bathrooms, new floor finishes, painting, electrical testing and some energy improvements. There is no extension in the scope.
I can simplify the finishes if necessary; correcting concealed moisture or rerouting inadequate services would be much harder. Before comparing the totals, I intend to have each contractor identify exclusions and price the work line by line.
What contingency would be sensible at this stage, and which investigations should happen before a contractor is selected? I am particularly concerned about plumbing routes, dampness, available electrical capacity and any structural work that one bidder may have assumed away.
I can simplify the finishes if necessary; correcting concealed moisture or rerouting inadequate services would be much harder. Before comparing the totals, I intend to have each contractor identify exclusions and price the work line by line.
What contingency would be sensible at this stage, and which investigations should happen before a contractor is selected? I am particularly concerned about plumbing routes, dampness, available electrical capacity and any structural work that one bidder may have assumed away.