I could lock in the AED 804,100 budget now, but that risks treating unknown defects as if they were priced. Alternatively, I could postpone the figure until more investigation is done, which makes it difficult to plan the work. Neither option feels comfortable for a 60 m² country home in Abu Dhabi.
The intended scope covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, painting, electrical inspection and limited improvements to energy performance. There is no extension. I would postpone decorative choices before cutting anything related to wiring, water ingress or drainage.
Would you set aside a contingency immediately, or first pay for targeted investigation and revise the allowance afterward? I need the surveyor and bidders to explain where the plumbing can be reached, who restores opened walls or floors, how moisture will be investigated, and which items are excluded. Permit lead times and material availability could also affect the sequence, so a staged budget may be more useful than one headline number.
The intended scope covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, painting, electrical inspection and limited improvements to energy performance. There is no extension. I would postpone decorative choices before cutting anything related to wiring, water ingress or drainage.
Would you set aside a contingency immediately, or first pay for targeted investigation and revise the allowance afterward? I need the surveyor and bidders to explain where the plumbing can be reached, who restores opened walls or floors, how moisture will be investigated, and which items are excluded. Permit lead times and material availability could also affect the sequence, so a staged budget may be more useful than one headline number.