The budget is now MX$4,308,000, which raises a more important question: how much of it is genuinely priced rather than assumed? This is a 60 m² student housing unit in an older Mexico City building, and no additional floor area is proposed.
The intended work includes the kitchen and bathrooms, replacement finishes, decorating, an electrical assessment and limited efficiency improvements. My main concern is what appears once walls or floors are opened. Before choosing finishes, I want to understand the structure, moisture history, plumbing access and whether the existing electrical system can support the planned use.
What contingency would be reasonable while those points remain unresolved? If I could verify only three things before relying on the estimate, I would probably choose the electrical scope, access for plumbing repairs and a complete list of contractor exclusions. Should permits and delivery dates for key materials rank ahead of any of those?
The intended work includes the kitchen and bathrooms, replacement finishes, decorating, an electrical assessment and limited efficiency improvements. My main concern is what appears once walls or floors are opened. Before choosing finishes, I want to understand the structure, moisture history, plumbing access and whether the existing electrical system can support the planned use.
What contingency would be reasonable while those points remain unresolved? If I could verify only three things before relying on the estimate, I would probably choose the electrical scope, access for plumbing repairs and a complete list of contractor exclusions. Should permits and delivery dates for key materials rank ahead of any of those?