If I fix the budget too early, one inaccessible pipe run or a delayed approval could disrupt the entire programme. I’m currently testing ¥46,180,000 for renovating 115 m² of student housing in Tokyo, without adding an extension.
The intended work includes kitchens and bathrooms, new finishes, electrical inspection and some energy-efficiency improvements. The uncertain part is behind the surfaces: plumbing access, moisture, wiring that needs more work once exposed, and defects that may turn out to affect the structure.
At this point, would you keep a broad contingency until selected areas have been opened, or spend more on surveys and contractor investigation before setting the allowance? I’d also like to know which quotation exclusions deserve particular attention, including permits, material lead times, access work, making good and disposal.
The intended work includes kitchens and bathrooms, new finishes, electrical inspection and some energy-efficiency improvements. The uncertain part is behind the surfaces: plumbing access, moisture, wiring that needs more work once exposed, and defects that may turn out to affect the structure.
At this point, would you keep a broad contingency until selected areas have been opened, or spend more on surveys and contractor investigation before setting the allowance? I’d also like to know which quotation exclusions deserve particular attention, including permits, material lead times, access work, making good and disposal.