If the sequence is wrong, a manageable renovation could turn into repeated opening-up and reinstatement work. I’m therefore testing the AED 692,900 budget for a 240 m², two-bedroom student housing property in Dubai before committing to finishes.
The intended work includes kitchens and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical testing and some energy improvements. There is no planned extension, but I still want confirmation that no structural intervention is being assumed or excluded.
What contingency would be reasonable before opening-up inspections? I also want the surveyor and contractor to identify plumbing access, moisture risk, electrical follow-on work, approvals, exclusions and responsibility for delays. Would you ask for alternative materials with shorter lead times now, or wait until the detailed scope separates firm prices from provisional items?
The intended work includes kitchens and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical testing and some energy improvements. There is no planned extension, but I still want confirmation that no structural intervention is being assumed or excluded.
What contingency would be reasonable before opening-up inspections? I also want the surveyor and contractor to identify plumbing access, moisture risk, electrical follow-on work, approvals, exclusions and responsibility for delays. Would you ask for alternative materials with shorter lead times now, or wait until the detailed scope separates firm prices from provisional items?