Keeping a dependable tenant has real value, so I do not want to create avoidable turnover for an extra £437 a month. The Edinburgh townhouse currently brings in about £2,240, paid reliably, while comparable asking rents seem closer to £2,677. The tenant also takes care of the place; there have been numerous maintenance jobs, but the requests themselves have been reasonable.
Would a smaller increase be the better balance here? Replacing the tenant could bring an empty period, preparation work and deposit administration, although I do not want to count ordinary maintenance as a turnover cost. Before proposing anything, I plan to verify achieved rents for genuinely similar townhouses and check the current Scottish notice requirements and tenancy paperwork.
Would a smaller increase be the better balance here? Replacing the tenant could bring an empty period, preparation work and deposit administration, although I do not want to count ordinary maintenance as a turnover cost. Before proposing anything, I plan to verify achieved rents for genuinely similar townhouses and check the current Scottish notice requirements and tenancy paperwork.