nico_rates
Landlord
Matching the apparent market rent would maximise the headline income, while retaining a reliable tenant may produce the better net result. The Bogotá duplex currently brings in about COP 24,620,000, compared with asking rents near COP 30,980,000, but the tenant pays consistently and looks after the property.
I want a repeatable review process rather than an improvised negotiation. My thought is to verify the contract and current local requirements first, then compare genuinely similar rents and estimate vacancy, necessary refurbishment, reletting and deposit handling. If the lawful increase is modest or turnover would absorb the gain, retention should carry more weight; if a compliant adjustment remains worthwhile after those costs, I could propose it with a clear calculation. Is that a sensible decision rule?
I want a repeatable review process rather than an improvised negotiation. My thought is to verify the contract and current local requirements first, then compare genuinely similar rents and estimate vacancy, necessary refurbishment, reletting and deposit handling. If the lawful increase is modest or turnover would absorb the gain, retention should carry more weight; if a compliant adjustment remains worthwhile after those costs, I could propose it with a clear calculation. Is that a sensible decision rule?