The gap between the current and advertised market rent is large, but losing a dependable tenant is the harder decision to undo. This detached Johannesburg home brings in about ZAR 49,680, paid reliably, while comparable listings appear nearer ZAR 62,850.
I am leaning toward a smaller staged rise rather than moving to the headline figure and risking vacancy, reletting and refurbishment costs. For example, I could support the proposal with closely matched listings and explain any maintenance planned. What else should be included to make the conversation reasonable? I will check the lease and local notice rules before putting anything in writing, along with the maintenance history and deposit arrangements.
I am leaning toward a smaller staged rise rather than moving to the headline figure and risking vacancy, reletting and refurbishment costs. For example, I could support the proposal with closely matched listings and explain any maintenance planned. What else should be included to make the conversation reasonable? I will check the lease and local notice rules before putting anything in writing, along with the maintenance history and deposit arrangements.