true_chalk
Homeowner
Getting this wrong could lose a dependable tenant for a rent that the next occupant may never pay. The current rent for my detached Osaka home is about ¥321,600, while comparable listings suggest roughly ¥355,200. The tenant pays on time and looks after the house.
That ¥33,600 difference is attractive, but even a short vacancy plus turnover work could absorb much of it. I am leaning toward either a modest adjustment or a phased increase rather than pursuing the full asking level.
Before deciding, I plan to check how closely the listings match the home, review its maintenance history and confirm the lease and local notice requirements. What would be a reasonable way to raise the subject without undermining a good tenancy?
That ¥33,600 difference is attractive, but even a short vacancy plus turnover work could absorb much of it. I am leaning toward either a modest adjustment or a phased increase rather than pursuing the full asking level.
Before deciding, I plan to check how closely the listings match the home, review its maintenance history and confirm the lease and local notice requirements. What would be a reasonable way to raise the subject without undermining a good tenancy?