I could move the monthly rent closer to €2,378 and risk losing a dependable tenant, or leave it at €2,071 and accept a widening gap. Neither option feels particularly sensible on its own. The tenant pays reliably and has taken good care of this detached home in Rome, while even a brief vacancy and basic preparation for reletting could consume much of the extra income.
I’m leaning toward a consistent review based on achieved local rents, the tenant’s maintenance history and the likely cost of turnover. If the agreement and local notice rules allow an increase, would you offer a modest staged rise to a good tenant, but seek the full market level only after a natural vacancy?
I’m leaning toward a consistent review based on achieved local rents, the tenant’s maintenance history and the likely cost of turnover. If the agreement and local notice rules allow an increase, would you offer a modest staged rise to a good tenant, but seek the full market level only after a natural vacancy?