The headline gap is large. My concern is that the $3,199 comparison may overstate the benefit of replacing a tenant who currently pays about $2,518 on time and looks after the townhouse.
A vacancy could bring preparation work, lost rent and a less dependable replacement, so I am leaning toward a smaller adjustment rather than trying to reach the advertised market level at once. There is also a long list of minor maintenance jobs, and I need to separate work that is due anyway from costs caused only by turnover.
Before setting an amount, I plan to confirm which Los Angeles increase limits and notice requirements apply to this townhouse and tenancy. Beyond that, how would you weigh retention against the comparables, and what property details would you verify before relying on the $3,199 figure?
A vacancy could bring preparation work, lost rent and a less dependable replacement, so I am leaning toward a smaller adjustment rather than trying to reach the advertised market level at once. There is also a long list of minor maintenance jobs, and I need to separate work that is due anyway from costs caused only by turnover.
Before setting an amount, I plan to confirm which Los Angeles increase limits and notice requirements apply to this townhouse and tenancy. Beyond that, how would you weigh retention against the comparables, and what property details would you verify before relying on the $3,199 figure?