reviewTheGarden
Property investor
Raising the rent from HK$20,060 toward the HK$22,590 asking level risks losing a reliable tenant; leaving it unchanged means accepting a widening gap. Neither option feels comfortable once vacancy, refurbishment and reletting are priced in.
A smaller adjustment may be the sensible middle course, especially given the good maintenance history. Before proposing it, I want to check whether the comparable homes actually let at their advertised figures, estimate a realistic empty period and confirm the notice requirements for this tenancy.
How would you handle that conversation without presenting the asking rent as a settled market value? I also need to review the lease and deposit process now, since those details become harder to sort out after a tenant decides to leave.
A smaller adjustment may be the sensible middle course, especially given the good maintenance history. Before proposing it, I want to check whether the comparable homes actually let at their advertised figures, estimate a realistic empty period and confirm the notice requirements for this tenancy.
How would you handle that conversation without presenting the asking rent as a settled market value? I also need to review the lease and deposit process now, since those details become harder to sort out after a tenant decides to leave.