The gap is KES 61,300, but my concern is that pursuing all of it could cost more than it gains. The Nairobi studio is rented at about KES 712,700, while similar units are advertised near KES 774,000. This tenant is dependable, reports problems promptly and has left a good maintenance history.
I want to review the rent without treating an advertised figure as proof of market rent. How would you weigh a smaller rise against vacancy, preparation costs and the risk of losing a good tenant? I also need to check the agreement, current notice requirements and how any deposit would be handled if the tenancy ended.
I want to review the rent without treating an advertised figure as proof of market rent. How would you weigh a smaller rise against vacancy, preparation costs and the risk of losing a good tenant? I also need to check the agreement, current notice requirements and how any deposit would be handled if the tenancy ended.