I’ve checked several asking rents, but I’m not yet convinced they are truly comparable. The current tenant pays £2,142 for this four-bedroom Manchester townhouse, while listings that appear similar are around £2,578. They pay reliably and look after the home, so replacing them has a cost as well as a possible upside.
A jump to the advertised level could mean vacancy, work between tenancies and deposit administration. On the other hand, leaving the figure untouched may allow the gap to keep growing. I’m considering a smaller increase supported by like-for-like evidence, with time for a conversation. How would you balance market rent against retention while using the applicable notice process?
A jump to the advertised level could mean vacancy, work between tenancies and deposit administration. On the other hand, leaving the figure untouched may allow the gap to keep growing. I’m considering a smaller increase supported by like-for-like evidence, with time for a conversation. How would you balance market rent against retention while using the applicable notice process?