The tenant’s reliability is what changed my view of the €461 monthly gap. The studio is valued at about €800,400, comparable advertisements are near €2,235 a month, and the tenant currently pays roughly €1,774, but they have consistently paid on time and looked after the place.
There are also several genuine maintenance items waiting to be done. Pushing immediately toward the advertised figure could mean losing a good tenant, then paying for vacancy, works and reletting. I am therefore considering a smaller increase, provided it is permitted for this tenancy.
Would you first establish the lawful maximum and notice process, then discuss a moderate adjustment with the tenant? I also want to keep the repair schedule separate so there is no suggestion that maintenance depends on the rent review.
There are also several genuine maintenance items waiting to be done. Pushing immediately toward the advertised figure could mean losing a good tenant, then paying for vacancy, works and reletting. I am therefore considering a smaller increase, provided it is permitted for this tenancy.
Would you first establish the lawful maximum and notice process, then discuss a moderate adjustment with the tenant? I also want to keep the repair schedule separate so there is no suggestion that maintenance depends on the rent review.