Market asking rent for this São Paulo one-bedroom appears to be around R$15,570, while the current tenant pays about R$12,480. They pay reliably and take good care of the apartment, so I’m reluctant to chase the full difference only to face vacancy, turnover and refurbishment costs.
There is also a fairly long maintenance list. None of the individual jobs is unreasonable; there are simply many of them. Would you propose a modest increase, phase it in, or leave the rent alone for now? I also want to handle notice and any eventual deposit issues correctly under local rules without damaging the relationship.
There is also a fairly long maintenance list. None of the individual jobs is unreasonable; there are simply many of them. Would you propose a modest increase, phase it in, or leave the rent alone for now? I also want to handle notice and any eventual deposit issues correctly under local rules without damaging the relationship.