amara.sage
Landlord
The rent decision is approaching, and waiting until the last moment would make both notice and budgeting harder. The trade-off is that comparable Jakarta student housing is being advertised around IDR 62,700,000, while the present tenant pays roughly IDR 53,710,000 and has been consistently reliable with payments and upkeep.
Matching the advertised figure sounds attractive, but one vacancy period plus cleaning, repairs and reletting could absorb much of the extra income. Asking rents also do not prove that new tenants are actually agreeing to that amount. I am therefore leaning toward a smaller increase, subject to the tenancy terms and the applicable notice process.
How would landlords with experience in Indonesia price the value of retaining a dependable tenant? I would be interested in how you compare the proposed increase with likely vacancy and turnover costs, how much notice you allow, and what steps you take with the deposit if the tenant chooses not to renew.
Matching the advertised figure sounds attractive, but one vacancy period plus cleaning, repairs and reletting could absorb much of the extra income. Asking rents also do not prove that new tenants are actually agreeing to that amount. I am therefore leaning toward a smaller increase, subject to the tenancy terms and the applicable notice process.
How would landlords with experience in Indonesia price the value of retaining a dependable tenant? I would be interested in how you compare the proposed increase with likely vacancy and turnover costs, how much notice you allow, and what steps you take with the deposit if the tenant chooses not to renew.