Paying €1,053,000 on the strength of an unreliable rent assumption would be an expensive mistake. The property is described as a 1-bed coastal home in Milan, and the projected €6,407 monthly rent produces the quoted gross yield of about 7.3%.
I have included vacancy, management, insurance, routine upkeep and a reserve for major work, but energy performance and shared building costs could still alter the result. Which expense would you investigate first locally: property tax, building charges, tenant turnover or another recurring item? I would also be interested in the net yield others would require before accepting the rent and financing risk.
I have included vacancy, management, insurance, routine upkeep and a reserve for major work, but energy performance and shared building costs could still alter the result. Which expense would you investigate first locally: property tax, building charges, tenant turnover or another recurring item? I would also be interested in the net yield others would require before accepting the rent and financing risk.