I’d like this Rome duplex to produce dependable cash flow, but the attractive gross figure may be hiding too much. The price is €450,800 and the projected rent for the 5-bed property is €3,016 a month, which comes out near 8.0% gross.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary repairs and a separate allowance for a major job, with no appreciation in the model. The building looks sound, although insurance and other ownership costs still need firmer figures. Which expense would you test most severely, and where would you set the minimum acceptable net return? I also need to see how sensitive the deal is to the financing terms.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary repairs and a separate allowance for a major job, with no appreciation in the model. The building looks sound, although insurance and other ownership costs still need firmer figures. Which expense would you test most severely, and where would you set the minimum acceptable net return? I also need to see how sensitive the deal is to the financing terms.