If the rent slips or the villa sits empty, this deal has very little cushion. I am looking at a 2-bed villa in Seoul priced at ₩1,159,000,000, with projected rent of ₩3,343,000 a month. That is about 3.5% gross, and I have not relied on appreciation to make the purchase work.
I have allowed for management, ordinary upkeep and some vacancy, but I am less confident about insurance, ownership costs and the effect of financing. Nearby supply could also put pressure on both rent and occupancy. What Seoul-specific expense should be tested more aggressively, and how much would you deduct from achievable rent when running a cautious case?
I have allowed for management, ordinary upkeep and some vacancy, but I am less confident about insurance, ownership costs and the effect of financing. Nearby supply could also put pressure on both rent and occupancy. What Seoul-specific expense should be tested more aggressively, and how much would you deduct from achievable rent when running a cautious case?