Rental deal in Zurich: CHF 668,800 purchase, CHF 3,088/month — sanity check

KeenBench

Market analyst
Market Reporter
The main constraint is that the margin looks modest once all recurring ownership costs are included. I’m considering a 3-bed detached home in Zurich for CHF 668,800, with projected rent of CHF 3,088 a month. On the purchase price alone that is about 5.5% gross.

I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a substantial repair, but energy performance remains unclear. Insurance, property taxes or other local charges, tenant changes and financing costs still need firmer figures.

Which cost tends to be missed in Zurich rental models? I can revise an annual maintenance allowance later, but committing to a property that needs extensive energy work would be much harder to undo. Would you deduct a provisional upgrade budget from the outset, or wait for a proper assessment before deciding what net cash flow is acceptable?
 
Back
Top