The seller can carry out the repairs, or we can renegotiate the money, and neither option feels straightforward. This is a 35 m² detached home in Lyon, with inspection estimates adding up to roughly €11,960. Seller-managed work would leave me with limited control over the contractors and finish, while a credit or price reduction may be constrained by the financing.
My preference is to handle the work after completion, provided the lender confirms that the structure is acceptable. Would a closing credit actually leave more usable repair money than lowering the agreed price? I am checking completed comparables as well as obtaining written confirmation of the lending position. The response deadline is close, so I also need to avoid changing terms in a way that puts the deposit at risk.
My preference is to handle the work after completion, provided the lender confirms that the structure is acceptable. Would a closing credit actually leave more usable repair money than lowering the agreed price? I am checking completed comparables as well as obtaining written confirmation of the lending position. The response deadline is close, so I also need to avoid changing terms in a way that puts the deposit at risk.