Review: using ImmobilienScout24 as a buyer in Colombia

field.full

Buyer
Established
I’m based in Vancouver and used ImmobilienScout24 while looking for a mixed-use building around Bogotá. The search coverage was useful, and I valued the mortgage-rate information, but duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area figures made side-by-side comparison difficult.

The biggest missing pieces were a clear freshness date and an obvious next transaction step. I’d be interested in first-hand comparisons, particularly on mobile: were the filters and map pins reliable, and what happened after you contacted an advertiser?
 
For a mixed-use property, I would treat the floor-area inconsistency as the bigger problem. One advert may be showing total built area while another emphasizes usable or commercial space, so the figures may not be comparable even when neither is obviously wrong. Did the listings identify the type of area, or did they just show one unexplained number?
 
Freshness would bother me more. A precise area can be clarified after contact, but a stale or duplicated advert wastes time before that point. I’d want the portal to show when the advertiser last confirmed availability, not merely when the page was edited. Price history and links to sold records would also help distinguish a genuine change from the same building being relisted.
 
I’m not convinced sold-record links would solve much unless the underlying records are relevant and comparable for Bogotá. The practical test is what happens after an enquiry: does the advertiser confirm availability, reconcile the floor areas and provide an exact location?

Before contacting anyone, I’d save screenshots or notes for price, stated area, map pin and listing date. That makes duplicates easier to spot when photos or descriptions reappear with different details.
 
The Vancouver-to-Bogotá context also matters here. Were the mortgage-rate details actually applicable to a Colombian purchase, or were they simply useful as a general reference? I would not let that feature outweigh weak listing status.

For mobile, a useful comparison would be whether saved-search alerts preserve all selected filters and whether the map remains usable when narrowing to mixed-use buildings. Those two points determine whether the portal helps monitor new stock or just repeats the same uncertain listings.
 
Back
Top