Review: using ImmobilienScout24 as a buyer in India

field_porch

Seller
Established
Posting from Auckland, New Zealand, but this review concerns my search for a retail unit around Mumbai. ImmobilienScout24 gave me useful search coverage, and price per square metre was the most helpful comparison field. Unfortunately, duplicate listings, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area figures made that metric less reliable than it first appeared.

The main missing piece was a clear indication of listing freshness and what should happen after contacting an advertiser. I’d also like better mobile filters and more confidence in map pins. How have others handled duplicates and conflicting area figures, particularly once an advertiser responds?
 
If the floor-area entries are inconsistent, I wouldn’t let price per square metre drive the shortlist. Two apparent duplicates may also use different area definitions, so I’d group them by address, photos and asking price before comparing. Did the listings say what the area represented, or did they just provide a number?
 
I’d put freshness ahead of price history for this kind of search. Historical changes are interesting, but they do not help much if the unit is no longer available. A visible last-confirmed date, plus saved-search alerts that distinguish new listings from edited duplicates, would make the search easier to manage.
 
I’m not convinced freshness alone solves it. An advertiser can update a listing without correcting the floor area or map pin. The more useful test after contact is whether they confirm the exact location, current availability and the basis of the stated area in writing. Until then, the calculated unit price is only provisional.
 
A simple workaround is to keep one row per likely property rather than per listing. Record each duplicate, the displayed area, asking price, map location, date seen and advertiser response. That makes conflicts obvious and prevents a refreshed duplicate from looking like a genuinely new option. On mobile, save only broad searches and do the detailed comparison later, since missing filters can otherwise distort the shortlist.
 
Back
Top