Review: using SeLoger as a buyer in South Africa

bram.hart

Seller
Posting from Dublin about my search for a detached home around Cape Town. SeLoger gave me useful coverage, and school-catchment information was its strongest feature. However, duplicate adverts, stale statuses and inconsistent floor-area figures made side-by-side comparisons difficult. I also struggled to tell how fresh a listing was or what would happen after contacting the advertiser. How did others find the mobile filters, map pins and follow-up process?
 
The unclear next step would bother me more than the duplicates. Did advertisers reply through the portal, or did the conversation move elsewhere immediately? I would also want saved-search alerts to distinguish a genuinely new property from a refreshed or duplicated advert; otherwise each alert creates more checking rather than saving time.
 
I partly disagree on duplicates being secondary. If the same detached home appears with different floor areas, prices or map pins, you cannot know which version to trust before making contact. Catchment information is useful for discovery, but an inaccurate pin could undermine it. Were the duplicates visibly linked, or did they look like separate homes?
 
A practical workaround is to keep a short comparison sheet with the address, advertiser, stated floor area, price and date first seen. That should expose repeated listings and later changes. I would also verify map location and catchment independently, then ask the advertiser whether the property remains available before arranging anything. Price history or links to sold records would make that process much less manual if SeLoger provides them for the area.
 
Back
Top