I can either focus on whether the R$2,296,000 price is defensible or start with the income risks. The second approach seems more useful, because a new-build 1-bed producing R$10,180 a month shows about 5.3% gross before several owner costs arrive.
I have included an ordinary vacancy allowance, management, ongoing upkeep and a reserve for a substantial repair. What I cannot judge confidently is the Rio-specific burden from property tax, building charges, insurance and tenant changes, particularly when the flat is empty. Purchase costs may also make the return on total cash invested weaker than the headline calculation.
Which assumption would you challenge first, and what level of net cash flow would compensate you for the concentration and liquidity risk?
I have included an ordinary vacancy allowance, management, ongoing upkeep and a reserve for a substantial repair. What I cannot judge confidently is the Rio-specific burden from property tax, building charges, insurance and tenant changes, particularly when the flat is empty. Purchase costs may also make the return on total cash invested weaker than the headline calculation.
Which assumption would you challenge first, and what level of net cash flow would compensate you for the concentration and liquidity risk?