The deal only works if the R$15,010 monthly rent leaves enough cash after real operating costs and financing sensitivity. The property is a 1-bed villa in Rio de Janeiro priced at R$2,408,000, putting the headline return at roughly 7.5% gross.
I have included vacancy, management, routine upkeep and a separate allowance for a major repair. Energy performance remains a concern because cooling and other running costs could alter the result materially.
Which expense deserves its own line rather than a general percentage: property tax, insurance, shared charges, cooling or something else? I am also trying to set a minimum acceptable net return and test how quickly the cash flow weakens if finance costs or maintenance exceed the base case.
I have included vacancy, management, routine upkeep and a separate allowance for a major repair. Energy performance remains a concern because cooling and other running costs could alter the result materially.
Which expense deserves its own line rather than a general percentage: property tax, insurance, shared charges, cooling or something else? I am also trying to set a minimum acceptable net return and test how quickly the cash flow weakens if finance costs or maintenance exceed the base case.