Rio de Janeiro mixed-use property snapshot — March 2025

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I’m compiling a March 2025 community snapshot for mixed-use buildings in Rio de Janeiro. The current inputs show an indicative 32 days on market, asking-price movement of +7.0%, and visible financing sensitivity around R$5,460,000.

Before updating the summary, I need to know whether these figures survive a closer look at completed sales, inventory and neighbourhood differences. They are discussion inputs, not an official index. Please label on-the-ground observations clearly and include source links where available.
 
The +7.0% needs a defined comparison period before it is useful. Is that month over month, year over year, or a change within the sampled listings? Asking prices also should not be blended with completed-sale prices. I’d present those as separate series even if the sale evidence is thin.
 
How was the 32-day figure calculated? In particular, does a listing that is withdrawn and reposted restart the clock, and are unsold properties excluded? The median and the sample size would tell us much more than a single indicative figure. I’d also like the price-band mix around R$5,460,000, because financing sensitivity may simply reflect which buildings entered the sample.
 
A citywide number could obscure more than it reveals here. Mixed-use buildings vary by neighbourhood and by the balance between residential and commercial space. Even without enough completed sales for a formal split, the summary could group observations by neighbourhood and flag groups with very small samples. Otherwise one cluster of expensive listings may drive both the +7.0% and the financing comment.
 
I agree on splitting the data, but I wouldn’t delay the March snapshot until completed-sale evidence appears. Keep the listing indicators, label them clearly, and add a compact table with neighbourhood, price band, property-type mix, first-listed date and latest observed date. Then record a revision date whenever late sales or corrected listings change the picture.
 
One more distinction: inventory change should count properties, not just listing advertisements, or duplicate agency listings could create a false increase. For the next version, I’d prioritise four additions: sample definition, unique-property treatment, the period behind +7.0%, and separate asking versus completed-sale evidence. Source links can then sit beside each input rather than implying that all figures came from one consistent series.
 
Back
Top