Rio mixed-use: is +1.5% meaningful after 47 days?

I have checked a small group of Rio mixed-use listings between about R$4,547,000 and R$6,821,000, but the pricing signal is still unclear. The recorded movement is only +1.5%, while typical marketing time is around 47 days.

Renovated buildings appear to attract attention sooner. Others remain listed, reduce the price or disappear, so withdrawn stock may be making the market look healthier than it is. Seller motivation and loosely drawn neighbourhood boundaries could distort this small sample as well.

Insurance keeps coming up, but I cannot tell whether it is changing offers or merely standing in for concerns about condition. If cover is genuinely difficult or costly, I would treat that as a pricing issue; if buyers are simply choosing better buildings, I would not read much into the 1.5%. What evidence would separate those two cases?
 
I would not base a pricing decision on the +1.5% alone. Completed sales matter more than asking-price movement, and withdrawn listings could make 47 days look healthier than it is. What exactly is the insurance concern: cost, available cover, or something about the building’s condition?
 
Also, how tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? At this price level, combining unlike locations or commercial/residential mixes could overwhelm a small movement such as 1.5%.

I’d separate renovated and unrenovated stock, then note which buyers need financing. A property that attracts financed buyers may face different delays from one aimed at buyers with fewer financing conditions. Without that split, insurance may be getting blamed for a broader condition or buyer-pool problem.
 
I disagree slightly: condition is not merely something making the average noisy; it may define two separate markets. Compare price-cut timing within each condition group, then add new-listing volume and seller motivation. Insurance could be a proxy for deferred work, but it could also be a distinct objection, so don’t assume one explanation.
 
That is fair, though I would not treat insurance only as a proxy without asking why buyers raised it. The practical next step is a simple property-by-property table: same neighbourhood boundaries, condition, original ask, cut date, current status, withdrawn or completed, financing conditions, and the stated insurance issue. If the 47-day figure still holds after those separations, it becomes more useful. Until then, I would not rush into a cut solely because the listing reached the median.
 
Back
Top