Rio studios: is condition behind the 6.2% movement and 105-day market time?

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
A recent update to my saved Rio listings has made the pattern less clear, not more. The studios are advertised between R$1,702,000 and R$2,554,000, while the snapshot indicates a 6.2% decline and around 105 days. Some need obvious renovation; others appear ready to occupy.

I suspect those differences in upkeep are separating the listings, but withdrawn stock could also be inflating or shortening the market-time figure. My next step is to sort initial prices, later reductions, removals and completed sales separately. Has anyone seen recent completed studio transactions in a narrowly defined neighbourhood that would provide a cleaner comparison?
 
Condition may explain part of it, but what exactly does the 6.2% represent: asking-price movement, reductions on active listings, or completed-sale negotiation? Those measure different things. I’d also separate studios by precise neighbourhood boundary and building, because otherwise the R$1,702,000–R$2,554,000 range may be hiding several distinct groups.
 
Good distinction. The 6.2% is the movement shown in the snapshot, not a claim that every seller is accepting that discount. My notes currently mix initial asking prices, later cuts and the latest advertised price, which is probably why the pattern looks untidy.

I’ll separate those and narrow the locations rather than treating Rio as one market. Completed prices are the missing piece.
 
The 105 days also needs careful handling. A withdrawn listing can disappear without selling, then return looking new, so current listing age may understate total exposure. Record the first date seen, every price change, any withdrawal and any relisting. That should reveal whether poorer-condition units cut early or simply remain available longer.
 
I’m not convinced maintenance is necessarily the main driver. Two similar-condition studios can behave differently because one seller needs a quicker agreement while another is content to wait. Buyer financing could also affect which offers are workable.

I’d build a small comparison table: exact area, condition, first and latest asking price, first-seen date, price-cut timing, current/withdrawn status and any reliable completed-sale figure. Then test the maintenance theory rather than assuming it.
 
One more caveat: seller motivation usually cannot be read confidently from the advertisement. Price-cut timing and repeated withdrawals are observable; the reason behind them is not. I’d use those behaviours as clues, while keeping motivation marked as unknown unless it is directly established.
 
Back
Top