Riyadh listings: headline activity versus the street-level picture

SimpleChart

Property investor
What surprised me is that more Riyadh properties are coming onto the market without making the choice look any better. The apartments in my sample are advertised between SAR 3,165,000 and SAR 4,748,000 and have typically remained visible for around 55 days, yet the apparently quicker listings do not seem directly comparable with the ones that linger.

I initially wondered whether rental regulation explained the split, but buyer financing, condition and loosely drawn neighbourhood labels may be more useful factors. Has anyone tracked completed prices against withdrawals and relistings within tight local boundaries? I would also be interested in when sellers tend to make their first price reduction, rather than assuming additional listing volume will automatically produce better deals.
 
I wouldn’t make rental regulation the main explanation without comparing like with like. A 55-day listing can reflect condition, an ambitious seller or even a misleading neighbourhood label. Recent completed prices matter more than the visible asking stock. Are the quick sales in the same buildings or genuinely comparable streets, and do you know whether the stale listings are being withdrawn and relisted?
 
Financing could also split the market: a property that works cleanly for a financed buyer may move differently from one with condition or paperwork complications. I’d map each listing to a tight neighbourhood boundary, note condition and seller price changes, then separate cash-ready stock from anything likely to narrow the buyer pool. Waiting only helps if sellers are motivated; otherwise stale units may simply disappear rather than become bargains.
 
Back
Top