Riyadh warehouse snapshot — January 2025

SannaShaw

Seller
I would like to establish whether Riyadh warehouse prices strengthened in January 2025, but the changing mix of listings makes an immediate conclusion difficult. The snapshot shows asking-price movement of +3.4%, an indicative 107 days on market and apparent financing sensitivity around SAR 1,238,000.

My first check would be the property-type and price-band mix, followed by listing revision dates so relisted or repriced stock is not mistaken for fresh evidence. After that, I would compare inventory changes by neighbourhood and match completed sales where the properties are genuinely similar. Dated sources and a clear comparison period would help determine whether the movement is broad or simply a feature of this month’s sample.
 
Before treating the +3.4% as meaningful, what is the comparison period and sample definition? It matters whether these are newly listed warehouses, all active listings, or repeated listings. The 107 days also needs a rule for relisted or withdrawn properties; otherwise stale stock could distort it.
 
I would not read this as price growth yet. Asking-price movement can rise simply because January contained more expensive warehouses or fewer lower-priced listings. A price-band breakdown around SAR 1,238,000 would be useful, alongside the number of properties in each band and any completed-sale prices that can be matched sensibly.
 
Neighbourhood alone may not be enough for warehouses. The comparison should also avoid mixing materially different sizes and specifications, because that can create the same problem Ravi describes. If the underlying sample includes other property types, warehouses need to be separated completely. I’d rather see a smaller, consistent warehouse sample than a broader figure presented as representative.
 
Agreed. I’ll revise the summary so it explicitly states the comparison period, which listings qualify, how relistings are handled, and whether the 107 days covers active stock only. I’ll also separate warehouses from any wider property sample and add price-band and neighbourhood tables where the observations support them. Any later corrections will carry a revision date rather than silently replacing the January 2025 figures.
 
That would make the snapshot much easier to assess. Please keep asking data and completed-sale evidence in separate columns rather than blending them into one movement figure. For member observations, a clear date and neighbourhood are enough to start; unsupported impressions can then remain labelled as such until a dated source or transaction evidence is added.
 
Back
Top