Rome in July 2025: real shift or seasonal noise?

The Rome-wide figures imply a fairly simple market story, but I am not convinced they describe the two neighbourhoods I follow. In July 2025, well-presented mixed-use buildings in my notes appear to find buyers in about 29 days, whereas properties requiring work tend to remain on the market. The observed gap from listed figure to achieved price is around 2.3%.

That could reflect greater buyer selectivity, yet a small sample or a seasonal change in the type of stock would produce a similar pattern. Recording delays or policy timing may also place transactions negotiated earlier into the July data.

Has anyone seen completed-sale evidence that can be separated by neighbourhood, property type and condition? I would rather test the pattern locally before treating it as a citywide shift.
 
My first suspicion would be a mix change, not a market turn. A 29-day figure can move sharply if only a few suitable mixed-use buildings were listed or sold. The 2.3% gap also needs a consistent definition: original asking price, latest asking price, or the price shown just before agreement? Those produce different conclusions.
 
Which two neighbourhoods are you following, and how many completed transactions sit behind those figures? Rome-wide data will not resolve a very local comparison. I’d also separate mixed-use buildings from ordinary homes before comparing marketing time; condition may not be the only reason they attract different buyers.
 
I’m not convinced selectivity and seasonality can be separated from one July snapshot. Completed deals recorded in July may reflect negotiations started earlier, while current listings reflect July seller expectations. Any policy timing or delay in recording transactions could blur that further.

I’d compare transaction volume as well as days and discounts. Falling volume with stable prices tells a different story from steady volume with a widening ask-to-sale gap.
 
Using only the current listings risks preserving a misleading July snapshot; waiting for several more months means losing the revisions that explain it. Neither option is very satisfactory.

Keep a dated table for each neighbourhood with property type, condition, original and final visible prices, completed price, listing date and completion date. Save each monthly version instead of overwriting it. You can then verify whether later records belong to July negotiations and whether the 29-day period and 2.3% gap continue beyond that month.
 
Back
Top