Rotterdam duplex: start ambitious or price near the expected sale?

FullGate

Homeowner
Two agents have given quite different valuations for my Rotterdam duplex. The higher proposal is appealing, but I have noticed similar properties launch ambitiously, sit for roughly 11 days, then reduce.

Would you start high to leave negotiating room, or list closer to the likely sale price to capture first-week interest? I care more about recent completed sales than an optimistic pitch. What would you verify first—neighbourhood boundaries, condition, withdrawn listings, buyer financing, or something else?
 
I would lean toward the price supported by completed sales, not the highest valuation. Ask both agents for the closest sold duplexes and make them explain adjustments for condition and the exact neighbourhood boundary. Also ask whether the comparable listings that cut after 11 days actually sold, were withdrawn, or simply started too high. Without that outcome, the price cut tells you little.
 
I partly disagree that completed sales should decide it on their own, because they describe earlier buyer conditions. Current new-listing volume and how easily likely buyers can finance this type of property also matter.

I would ask each agent for a written launch strategy: proposed price, evidence, when they would reconsider it, and what feedback would trigger a cut. Then choose based on the stronger reasoning and your own urgency. A seller with time can test higher; a seller needing certainty may value concentrated early interest more.
 
Back
Top