Sale-price guesses for a 1-bed townhouse

eva_rose

Real estate agent
The townhouse has now been on the market for 100 days, which raises a fresh question about how much reduction buyers will expect. It is a 155 m², 1-bed property in average condition with an asking price of HK$8,502,000.

Give one eventual sale-price estimate and name the two details behind it. I’m interested in whether the unusual bedroom count outweighs the generous area, and how the long marketing period should be read without knowing the level of local supply or any previous reductions. Closest guess gets imaginary bragging rights.
 
HK$7,950,000. My two facts are the 100 days on market and average condition. That is long enough for me to expect some movement below asking, while “average” gives the buyer an obvious reason not to stretch.
 
Before guessing: what does the 155 m² include, and is there any maintenance figure? A large area attached to only one bedroom could be valuable or awkward, depending on the layout. Without those details, the floor-area number may be doing too much work.
 
HK$8,200,000. I’m weighting the 155 m² and the HK$8,502,000 asking price. The one-bedroom configuration narrows the audience, but I don’t think 100 days automatically means the seller will accept a deep discount.
 
I’m further down at HK$7,650,000, driven by the single bedroom and average condition. I disagree that the headline floor area necessarily protects the price: buyers needing 155 m² may also expect more sleeping space, so the layout could matter more than size.
 
Useful split already. I don’t have a maintenance amount, a breakdown of what the 155 m² includes, or a confirmed price-reduction history, so those should be treated as missing information rather than assumed positives or negatives. Keep the guesses based on the stated figures; if you want, mention which missing detail would most change your number.
 
HK$8,050,000. The large floor area keeps me relatively close to asking, but the 100-day marketing period pulls me below it. The missing item that could move me most would be one genuinely comparable completed sale, especially one with the same bedroom count.
 
Jonas makes a fair point about the buyer pool, but I’m keeping HK$7,950,000. A one-bed layout may limit demand, yet we don’t know that it is dysfunctional. I’d rather apply a moderate discount for the facts we have than a large discount for a layout we haven’t seen.
 
One more thought: time on market should not be confused with evidence of price reductions. If the asking price has stayed at HK$8,502,000 throughout, 100 days may show seller patience rather than flexibility. If it has already been reduced, my estimate would look less conservative.
 
HK$7,880,000. My two drivers are 100 days on market and the one-bedroom count. The 155 m² is substantial, but local supply would decide whether that combination feels rare and desirable or simply difficult to match with a buyer.
 
I’ll leave my guess unchanged rather than manufacture precision from the missing details. When the sale result is known, it would be useful to compare which guesses relied on stated facts and which depended on assumptions about maintenance, reductions, layout, or local supply. That may be more informative than simply naming the closest number.
 
Back
Top