I’m caught between setting aside a large contingency now and waiting until the technical scope is better defined. The working construction budget is ₩176,100,000 for a 110 m² Seoul condo, covering a new kitchen and bathrooms, floors, decorating, electrical work and some energy-efficiency improvements. There is no planned extension.
The finishes could be simplified if costs rise, but faults involving wiring, water or moisture would need immediate attention. What should the surveyor and building management confirm about pipe access, electrical capacity, common-area rules and approvals? I also want bidders to identify reinstatement work, exclusions, lead times and permit assumptions so their prices are genuinely comparable. What contingency would be reasonable before those points are resolved, separate from financing and carrying costs?
The finishes could be simplified if costs rise, but faults involving wiring, water or moisture would need immediate attention. What should the surveyor and building management confirm about pipe access, electrical capacity, common-area rules and approvals? I also want bidders to identify reinstatement work, exclusions, lead times and permit assumptions so their prices are genuinely comparable. What contingency would be reasonable before those points are resolved, separate from financing and carrying costs?