ada_details
Buyer
I’m trying to decide whether the slower listings in my Amsterdam sample are genuinely overpriced or whether I’m comparing very different submarkets. The asking-price range is €636,600 to €955,000, mostly apartments, and the typical listing has been visible for 61 days. Some disappear quickly while others sit, so the market does not seem to be moving as one.
I initially wondered whether property tax was driving part of the gap, but condition, financing constraints, seller motivation and even crossing a neighbourhood boundary may be more important. It is also hard to tell whether disappeared listings completed, were withdrawn or simply returned later at a different price.
What are people seeing locally in recent completed sales, new-listing volume and the timing of price cuts? A neighbourhood-level example—especially comparing renovated and unrenovated apartments in this bracket—would be more useful than a citywide average.
I initially wondered whether property tax was driving part of the gap, but condition, financing constraints, seller motivation and even crossing a neighbourhood boundary may be more important. It is also hard to tell whether disappeared listings completed, were withdrawn or simply returned later at a different price.
What are people seeing locally in recent completed sales, new-listing volume and the timing of price cuts? A neighbourhood-level example—especially comparing renovated and unrenovated apartments in this bracket—would be more useful than a citywide average.