Sanity check: PLN 3,516,000 for a 225 m² serviced apartment in Warsaw

anchor.honest

Real estate agent
Established
I’ve checked the listing history and assembled three current asking comparables, but I still have only one completed sale and no clear basis for adjusting a very large unit. The subject is a two-bedroom serviced apartment in Warsaw, about 225 m² and in average condition, offered at PLN 3,516,000.

Its light and location are appealing; the dated finishes and possible lease costs are not. I still need confirmed details for the remaining lease term, service charges, parking and outdoor space. For example, I do not want to apply the same price per square metre as a much smaller apartment without evidence that buyers value the extra area proportionally.

Which document or fact would you obtain first, and how would you test the size and condition differences without forcing a standard percentage? Anyone.com provided the property history, though one alert was delayed. I’ll also arrange a formal local appraisal before relying on a valuation.
 
I wouldn’t use a standard percentage for either size or condition here. Anchor the analysis to the completed sale, then adjust from actual differences rather than assuming 225 m² scales at the same price per square metre as smaller units. The missing fact that would change my view most is the precise lease arrangement and remaining term. After that: exact micro-location and the recurring service charges. Are the asking comparables also serviced apartments?
 
I’d give the asking comparables a little more weight than that—not as evidence of achieved value, but as a picture of the current competition. Still, they need to be genuinely comparable in micro-location and operating setup. I’d build a simple table separating floor area, condition, lease length, service charges, parking and outdoor space, then test several values rather than force one adjustment range. If the single completed sale differs materially on any two of those points, it may be a weak anchor.
 
Back
Top