Santiago tenant preparing for a first condo purchase

liv.ash

Tenant planning to buy
Hello from Santiago. I’m currently renting and planning my first purchase, most likely a condo. I’m trying to understand transaction costs and how far advertised prices may be from completed sale prices before I start viewing seriously. I also joined to compare Chile with other markets rather than rely on one local bubble. Where should a newcomer begin on the local board, particularly for market data, mortgage comparisons and legal checklists?
 
Start with the local board, but split the research into three notes: total buying costs, financing offers and comparable completed sales. Cross-market discussions can help with method, although the actual fees and legal steps need to be checked for Chile. One missing detail: will this be primarily your home, or are you also modelling it as an investment?
 
I’d be cautious about making advertised-versus-completed prices the first filter. Condo comparisons can become misleading if you have not accounted for condition, renovation needs, building expenses and management quality. I’d first define your budget and likely purchase timeline, then compare mortgages on the same assumptions. After that, collect a small set of genuinely similar condos and post your comparison on the Santiago board; members can challenge what you may have overlooked.
 
Back
Top