São Paulo after 11 days: negotiate now or wait for a price cut?

ames.voss

Homeowner
Founding Member
The seller has not indicated much flexibility yet, and I am hesitant to wait for a reduction that may never come. The São Paulo new-build flats I am watching are priced from R$5,040,000 to R$7,560,000 and have been advertised for around 11 days.

That short period may reflect real demand, but it could also be distorted by withdrawals and relisting. Renovated units appear to attract buyers sooner, while properties needing work can remain available longer; occupied units add another variable if the lease end date is known.

I would like to compare final transaction prices with each property's earlier advertised figures rather than infer too much from active listings. Would you make a supported offer now, or first ask when the seller might review the price and how buyer financing has affected nearby deals?
 
Eleven days alone would not make me walk away or rush. At that price, condition, the exact neighbourhood boundary, financing, and seller motivation can matter more than the headline time on market.

I’d ask the agent how many comparable new listings appeared during those 11 days, whether similar units were withdrawn rather than sold, and when this seller would consider a reduction. Also clarify whether the flat is vacant and, if not, the lease term. My caveat: waiting for a public cut can invite another buyer, especially if it is genuinely renovated. If the property works for you, submit a reasoned offer tied to comparable completed sales rather than trying to predict the seller’s next advertised price.
 
Back
Top