São Paulo property meetup — October 2024 date and venue ideas

lena_voss

Tenant planning to buy
I’m organising an informal São Paulo property meetup in October 2024 and need to settle the format. Would an early weekday evening or a weekend session suit more people?

The proposed agenda is local market observations, financing, one or two deal analyses, then a short round of practical questions. I’ll choose a central venue once we have a rough headcount. Please also mention whether public transport access, remote participation, accessibility or venue cost would affect your attendance.
 
Interested. An early weekday evening would work better for me than giving up part of a weekend. I’d favour somewhere central and close to public transport, even if the room is fairly basic. For the deal analysis, perhaps circulate a simple fictional scenario beforehand so the discussion can start promptly.
 
Weekend is easier at my end, especially if financing and deal analysis need more than a quick discussion. How long are you imagining—about an hour, or closer to two? Also, could there be a remote option for people who cannot reach the venue, even if it is only for the opening market discussion?
 
I’d avoid making this fully hybrid unless someone can manage the remote side. In an informal venue, online participants may struggle to hear a group conversation, while people in the room end up waiting for technical issues. A better compromise might be a short remote session on another date, followed by the in-person meetup.
 
Before choosing weekday versus weekend, it may help to ask for firm expressions of interest in each option and set a reply deadline. For the venue, I’d prioritise step-free access, nearby public transport, seating that allows one group discussion, and no required minimum spend. Capacity matters too: a café table may suit eight people but become awkward if the response is larger.
 
My vote is weekday evening, central and inexpensive. I agree that a separate online follow-up is cleaner than trying to run a hybrid room. One agenda suggestion: put the practical questions before the deal analysis, then use the most common question to shape the example. That should keep the session useful even if time or venue capacity is limited.
 
Back
Top