I can either keep enough cash untouched to feel secure, which leaves very little for setting up the home, or furnish it properly and accept a much thinner safety margin. Neither option feels sensible without a clearer order of priorities.
After several unsuccessful bids against offers with fewer complications, ours was accepted on a 2-bed Riyadh townhouse for about SAR 3,075,000. Once the deposit and projected closing expenses are paid, the estimate is SAR 86,250 remaining.
The inspection could still identify work, and I also need to allow for the move and the first mortgage payment. How much of that cash would you leave completely untouched before budgeting for repairs or furniture?
After several unsuccessful bids against offers with fewer complications, ours was accepted on a 2-bed Riyadh townhouse for about SAR 3,075,000. Once the deposit and projected closing expenses are paid, the estimate is SAR 86,250 remaining.
The inspection could still identify work, and I also need to allow for the move and the first mortgage payment. How much of that cash would you leave completely untouched before budgeting for repairs or furniture?