EarnestLens
Landlord
I can see a case for moving the rent toward current listings, and an equally strong case for keeping a dependable tenant below that level. This is a detached Seattle home renting for about $2,564; superficially similar homes are being advertised near $2,976.
The $412 difference is not pure upside if a larger increase causes a move. Even one vacant month, turnover work or a replacement tenant who creates more maintenance could absorb much of it. I am therefore leaning toward either no change or a moderate increase rather than trying to close the whole gap.
What missing fact would decide it for you: the tenancy term, true achieved rents, or likely turnover cost? I will verify the current Seattle notice requirements and rent rules before choosing the timing or contacting the tenant.
The $412 difference is not pure upside if a larger increase causes a move. Even one vacant month, turnover work or a replacement tenant who creates more maintenance could absorb much of it. I am therefore leaning toward either no change or a moderate increase rather than trying to close the whole gap.
What missing fact would decide it for you: the tenancy term, true achieved rents, or likely turnover cost? I will verify the current Seattle notice requirements and rent rules before choosing the timing or contacting the tenant.