Second opinion on a consistent screening process for a 2-bed tenant

FriendlyCedar

Homeowner
I’m reviewing applicants for a 2-bed coastal home in Bangkok and would appreciate a second opinion before choosing.

The strongest income, references and credit history belong to different applicants, so there is no obvious winner. I want a consistent process that is fair and lawful rather than adjusting the rules for whoever looks best on paper.

Which objective criteria have genuinely been useful for predicting payment reliability and tenant retention? Conversely, which common screening rules tend to create confidence without telling you much? I’m also trying to weigh market rent, likely vacancy time and turnover cost rather than automatically selecting the highest-income applicant.

After the initial financial screening, what should carry the most weight: verified rental history, maintenance history, communication, affordability, or something else? Any Bangkok-specific points around deposit handling or local notice rules that should be built into the process from the start would also be helpful.
 
Back
Top