€261,500 feels like a substantial budget for 45 m², yet the items most likely to upset it are still uncertain. This is a two-bedroom mixed-use building in Utrecht, with no extra floor area planned. The intended work includes the kitchen and washrooms, new finishes, checks to the wiring, and some improvements to energy performance.
I am more concerned about what happens once surfaces are opened than about choosing fittings. Difficult pipe access, damp, defective wiring or structural repairs could change both the price and the order of work. What contingency would be sensible before intrusive investigations, and which questions should I put to the surveyor and contractor before committing?
I am more concerned about what happens once surfaces are opened than about choosing fittings. Difficult pipe access, damp, defective wiring or structural repairs could change both the price and the order of work. What contingency would be sensible before intrusive investigations, and which questions should I put to the surveyor and contractor before committing?