The headline budget is not the part I trust least. My specific concern is what may appear once surfaces are opened and whether the current scope leaves those discoveries entirely at my cost.
I am reviewing a preliminary ZAR 2,338,000 allowance for work on a 40 m² Johannesburg villa. It includes updates to the kitchen and bathrooms, new finishes, painting, electrical investigation and some energy-efficiency work; an extension is not intended. Before choosing a contingency, what written breakdown should I request from the surveyor or contractor? I want firm prices separated from allowances and exclusions, with structural disturbance, moisture, hidden services, sequencing and material lead times addressed before finishes are ordered.
I am reviewing a preliminary ZAR 2,338,000 allowance for work on a 40 m² Johannesburg villa. It includes updates to the kitchen and bathrooms, new finishes, painting, electrical investigation and some energy-efficiency work; an extension is not intended. Before choosing a contingency, what written breakdown should I request from the surveyor or contractor? I want firm prices separated from allowances and exclusions, with structural disturbance, moisture, hidden services, sequencing and material lead times addressed before finishes are ordered.